Update 15 - Daily Challenges Rebalance, OSX Release

Hey hunters,

It’s good to work on the game again :) I just released my new game Star Vikings and, after a week off, I’m back to Zero updates!

This will be a small but important update, as I’m trying to find the right balance for the Daily runs. They’ve been hugely successful: after Update 14 we were back on over 1,000 daily players, and we’ve had an average of 150 participants on each Daily run.

But I feel they are taking too long, though - an average of 25 minutes, with high-scoring runs clocking over an hour. The sweet spot in my opinion is 10 minutes average with a long run being about 30 minutes. With this new goal in mind, I’ve made a few adjustments to the Dailies - they should get harder and more interesting faster.

Let me know how it went!

And no, I haven’t forgotten about the Community Pack :) Hang on tight, it’s coming! I don’t know how often I’ll get to work on Zero updates, because things have been hard financially for me this year - Star Vikings has sold almost nothing, and I’m struggling to keep myself in business for the next year. All my bets are on the new “Relic Hunters Legend” - let’s hope I can make a living off of that one!

Here’s our usual links:

www.relichunters.com.br

www.relichunters.com.br/forums

www.roguesnail.com

My twitter: http://twitter.com/markventurelli

Happy hunting!

Cheers,

~Mark

*Gameplay*
Enemy projectiles that destroy player shields now deal 40% of the remaining damage to health;
Enemy projectile speed increased by 30% across the board;
"Wanted" enemy damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%;
"Steroids" now gives a maximum of 100 hp per stack;
"High Tech" now gives a maximum of 50 shields per stack;
Daily Run now spawns a new Challenge every level instead of every 2 levels;
"Light Focus", "Medium Focus" and "Heavy Focus" are now Rare challenges and no longer stack;
"Light Focus", "Medium Focus" and "Heavy Focus" bonus damage increased from 30% to 75%;
Cover HP increased by 50% across the board;
Punny now moves as fast as Pinkyy;

*Fixes*
Fixed a bug where the wrong type of Challenge icon would show up on the HUD sometimes;

Comments

• how is it going with the update to mac osx i rely want to play the updated version of relic hunter zero (I hope i am not annoying)
  • edited October 2016
    :3 I think I need to come back and finish what I start on modding for this family now ...
    Began to do some sprite works for halloween theme but got busy half way and got delay (wanted to release before October at 1st)... hope I can at least finish it on this month.
    Live long and have fun, hunters! Peace out!
  • wait what is osx releas is it for mac osx? i am confuzed @_@
  • oh... never mind anything i wrote just checked relic hunters...
  • Well might as well come back to life and comment on these changes.
    "Enemy projectiles that destroy player shields now deal 40% of the remaining damage to health"...aaaand right after the update that made shields recover faster, giving non-charged shields an indirect buff, they get an indirect nerf. As much as I understand this change, crap.
    "Daily Run now spawns a new Challenge every level instead of every 2 levels"
    Well crap, bye bye daily loop 2, it was nice knowing you...
    "Light Focus", "Medium Focus" and "Heavy Focus" are now Rare challenges and no longer stack;
    "Light Focus", "Medium Focus" and "Heavy Focus" bonus damage increased from 30% to 75%;

...uh... ok.
    Cover HP increased by 50% across the board;
    Well, that should be a nice fix to the first change.
    Punny now moves as fast as Pinkyy;
    I would be happy, were it not
    1. I never really cared about Pinkyy's speed as I just dashed & punched while playing her and
    2. I still think flamethrower needs a change.
  • OH THANK GOD I CAN FINALLY GET ON THE FORUMS
    For someone reason I couldn't since the update released. The website didn't respond. Was it just me or were the forums f-ed up in general?
    @markventurelli
    1. Can you make it so that you can remove 3 of the last challenges in endless? I mean it's not that big of an issue since challenges dissapear after a few stages and normal challenges don't need that much removing
    2. It hurts to say this as a Jimmy main, but... I feel like Elite Pistol needs a nerf. I didn't upgrade it and didn't have Light Focus but made it to Loop 1 just fine.
    Preferably something to keep it's high damage and fire rate though. Maybe less magazine size/longer reload?
    3. I feel like Dailies are still just a bit too easy. As I said, made it to Loop 1 without upgrading, and I only died because I got cocky and lost overshield.
    Heck, even then, I still managed to get past a level or 2 before I died.
  • @MrArcade lol dat wanted and high tech xD
  • edited October 2016
    @Happppy ikr XD
    gets pretty insane, and you can't really do anything to change it; I removed like 5 of these in the same run.
    I'm actually surprised steroids didn't appear. Was I lucky or is it made to be that way?
  • @MrArcade how did you even kill enemies with shield, doesn't high tech increase shield of enemies? and wanted did you get like 1 or 2 shot? :P
  • edited October 2016
    @Happppy The shield could still be destroyed by unloading the entirety of elite pistol magazine or shooting a burst or 2 from plasma smg (simply put, spamming whatever the f*ck I could) because they won't take crit damage anyways, then just finish them off because they didn't have higher hp anyways.
    Wanted was surpisingly unneffective, I could still all the bullet spam coming at me for like a second or two before they managed to break it, and even more time if I planned properly so only a few of them could reach me. Then again, I had double shield + overshield.(But then I got overconfident and lost overshield, having roughly half of the time to react compared to before. Still managed to make it past one more level though)