[IMPORTANT] Changes in the login system

edited October 2015 in General
Hey guys! We've changed some stuff about the account creation and login stuff of the forums.
As you probably know by now, the forums have been haunted by annoying bots for the last week. Sadly that's not some kind of elaborate stunt for the Halloween update. It's just bots.

So what changes?
Twitter and Facebook account connections have been disabled. What this means is that if you created your account connecting one of these, you'll need to request a new password to the email you've added to your account. And new accounts will require email, email confirmation and captcha right away.
If something is not working and you need help re-activating you account please write me at: mauricio[at]zueiradigital[dot]com

Comments

• I wonder how many people this affected... ahh, i don't care we're (almost) bot free now!
  • 2nd Coment :P
  • wow really so proud aren't you guys lol. I have fall break and so do a few other people, not hard to get first comment here
  • I looked at this before 1hkem posted
  • An update, after some pretty harsh bot spams we've added more security to the sign in process (there's now a question to be answered) and everyone must confirm their email before being able to post.
  • Yeah. If they keep on comming, we might have to get mods.
  • I just created an account and registered.
    When I checked mail for activation, this is only what I have:
    Hello bluecapz!

Have a great day!
    No link was there so I though replying was a way:
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

noreply@relichunters.com.br

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain relichunters.com.br by relichunters.com.br. [192.185.209.80].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550 No Such User Here
    So yeah. I still have this small pop-up at bottom-left screen saying I need to confirm my email address. And I can't find any way to create a new thread or such. Might be because of my account flagged as "need confirmation".
    BTW, already receiving notifications of me promoted to Apprentice. haha ^^,
  • THanks for the information, @bluecapz. I'll check it ASAP.
  • I'm surprised the 2 + 3 question on login didn't keep them out