About Updates and the Future of Relic Hunters

Hey Hunters,

I know it's been quieter here than it used to be. I slowed down on updates for the game and I'd like to share what is going on with you now.

So the thing about Zero right now is that it has been having performance issues that are not getting any better. With every update the performance seems to be getting worse, to the point that my own laptop can't run the game at 60 fps consistently anymore. This has led me to want to re-factor huge chunks of the code before piling up new updates. This, unfortunately, is very time-consuming and I've had my hands full as of late.

Also, my money ran out. :(

But wait, don't give up to despair yet! There are very good news and reasons to be hopeful!

I have been going around looking for funding for Relic Hunters as a franchise. And things are finally looking up for us!

First, our work on Legend (the sequel) will ramp up starting on January 2017. Expect to see more info and updates on the game.

Second, as more investment comes in, we will be investing on Relic Hunters as a franchise - new site, new look and feel for the forums, a webcomic, and even an animation series ;)

Third, if things go well, we'll hire someone to work full-time on Zero. That's right, a full-time coder to re-build the game and have it running smoothly (maybe even implement our long-awaited Steam Workshop integration?), while keeping it 100% free and open-source as it always has been.

And there's more, so much more. I am so excited that I almost can't resist writing everything down, but things are still very far-off, so it's better to shut my mouth so I don't risk disappointing you :O

Thank you very much for your patience and for sticking with the game for the past year-and-a-half. See you in 2017! \o/

Comments

• I'm just going to assume that all the cleaning in the code you did will be a part of a next update, whenever it comes.
    Don't worry, I've waited for Starbound to be finished for like 2 years, I can wait a lot for RHZ too. As I mentioned some time ago though, no money for kickstarter ;-; Sorry about that. You do have a good plan on how to get this franchise rolling with the investors and what-not though, right?
    "Third, if things go well, we'll hire someone to work full-time on Zero. That's right, a full-time coder to re-build the game and have it running smoothly (maybe even implement our long-awaited Steam Workshop integration?), while keeping it 100% free and open-source as it always has been."
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA The forums will finally have a functioning circulation system and won't need defibrillation every few months
  • Sound really promising :3 wish the best will come for the franchise!!!
  • at first i was just a trigger happy dude who saw a game open to suggestions and wanted my stuff to be in game

now i know the people here

they cool
  • keep on going mark! the video game industry is harsh, but i believe that you can make this work!

(but remember, always have a failsafe. you never know when things can take an ill turn)

good luck!

• is there a chance for a multiplayer?
  • you can make zero a multiplayer and legend a solo!
  • @ADflowzel ZERO has local Mulitplayer and Legend will have online & Local Multiplayer