Reporting bugs

edited September 2015 in RH Zero Bug Report
Hi and thanks for taking the time to report a bug! Here are some quick tips to make the most our of your report:

1) Explain the bug in one short sentence. That should be the title of your post.
2) Tell us what was happening when the bug occurred.
3) Tell us what you think we can do to make the bug happen again.
4) Optionally, tell us how serious you think this issue is.

Save File

We may ask you to send us your save file. In order to get your saveData.ini on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:

- Navigate to your Windows intallation hard drive (usually C:) and open the "Users" folder
- Find the folder with your username
- Find a folder named "AppData" (it is usually hidden)
- You will find the saveData.ini inside of the AppData/Local/RelicHuntersZero folder
- The final address for the file looks something like this: C:\Users\~YourWindowsUserNameHere~\AppData\Local\RelicHuntersZero\saveData.ini
- Attach the file to your forum post.

DXDiag

We may ask you for the DxDiag file from your computer. This allows us to check your specs such as processor type and speed, video card and etc. In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:

- Click on your Start button
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
- On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
- Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
- A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
- Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post.
Tagged:

Comments

• No letters. How do I get letters
  • How do I post pic
  • nothing is loading so many graphical glitches.
  • Mouse Glitch with Mac. Put your mouse to the edge of the screen, often will make your game flip out and your mouse stuck in a corner. If u are fast enough, you can get it back in, but can get really annoying. Fun game though :3
  • I can confirm with Skreete that I have been experiencing this bug as well. The game is very fun, but when my mouse goes to the corner of the screen my computer flips out and it can be very hard to get back to the game. Please fix :)
  • i shoot once or break a box with melee and my game crashes but i want to play so someone please tell me how to fix
  • @macman241 @skreete mate I get the same problem too This is because of the screen ratio of macs being different and a little bit of black borders the screen and the mouse flips out when it goes in it.
  • @camerox do you think it will be OK if I use a monitor?
  • @macman241 If the ratio is right.
  • I wrote in Steam discussions about bugs, but it seems you don't read that. So I hope to draw your attention here.
    I'll just copy-paste my message.

"Dear Mark.
    I wrote here about a bug seven month ago, but it seems you don't give a damn about that. It's not fixed yet...
    - In co-operative, when player two upgrades his weapon first, game crashes.
    More to that, 1-year Anniversary update added new bugs.
    - The game launches with a serious delay.
    - I can't play with dynamic shadows and reflections because FPS drops to s**t.
    - If player gets hit with a bullet reflected by Kami Tank, game crashes.
    - In co-operative, when player dies game freezes.
    You created a great game and I'm loving it. It's fun to play it with a friend. But I can't really enjoy it because of DAMN BUGS!
    I'll really appreciate if you start fixing this. Or even respond to my message."
  • Hello, I'm a new one in the game forum and I want to know how to fix a bug on Game Maker:

I've created a gun for test it that I named the book (Overcheated by the way) but I first tried to put it in the map, I've started the game, no bug and when I try to start the adventure mod, the game crash. I also have tried without my weapon in the code of the game but still the same crash. Here's the text that might help you help me to fix the bug:

Audio group 1 -> Loaded
    ERROR!!! :: ############################################################################################
    FATAL ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Create Event
    for object obj_wall:

global variable (-1610512311, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
    at gml_Object_obj_wall_CreateEvent_1 (line 35) - audio_emitter_falloff(audio_emitter, global.falloffMinorDist, global.falloffMinorMax, global.falloffMinorFactor );
    ############################################################################################

Compile finished: 12:59:36

Can somebody say me how did he fixed it or handle to simply make the game don't take care of it anymore?

Thanks for you awnser in advance!
  • Also, for my precedent post, I looked for awnser on other forum as well and it seem I'm not the only one that had this problem but the only difference is that me, it's like if it was already a bug in the source code