Relic Hunters Zero User License v1.0
Marcos Venturelli and Rogue Snail Criação de Jogos LTDA ME
Last Updated on July 27th, 2015
As of July 29th, 2015, I'm releasing the .gmk files for Relic Hunters Zero to the public.
This is inspired by Derek Yu's Spelunky, which was a great example and learning tool for me. The game and the source code are being provided for the purpose of learning, entertainment and sharing.
Commercial use is also authorized, but keep in mind that this license does not include the Relic Hunters Zero intellectual property, nor any of its image and audio files. You are also not authorized to distribute the game in any way.
This license was based on the Spelunky® User License v1.1b and the Artistic License 2.0.
"Rogue Snail" is defined as Marcos Venturelli and Rogue Snail Criação de Jogos LTDA ME.
The "Game" is defined as the Relic Hunters Zero game, its program, and all related files.
The "Source Code" is defined as the .gmk files for Relic Hunters Zero. It does not include any of the images and sounds contained within those files.
The "Game Assets" are defined as the image files and sound files included in the Game.
The "Intellectual Property" is defined as the Relic Hunters Zero property, including, but not limited to, the name, logo, all characters, character names, story and visual identity of the Game.
"Modified Version" means the Source Code if it has been changed, and such changes were not explicitly requested by Rogue Snail.
"Distribute" means providing a copy of the Game or making it accessible to anyone else, or in the case of a company or organization, to others outside of your company or organization.
"You" and "your" means any person who would like to copy, distribute, or modify the Source Code.
3. Rights Granted
You may modify and redistribute the Game and its Source Code under the following
(1) You are permitted to use the Source Code and create, use and share Modified Versions for any purpose without restriction, provided that you do not Distribute the Game itself.
(2) You are not permitted to use, share or claim ownership of any of the Game Assets and the Intellectual Property.
(3) If you share a modified version of the Source Code with others, you must not present it as an unmodified, or official, version of the Game or the Source code. Please make it apparent that it is a mod.
4. General Provisions
(1) Any use, modification, and distribution of the Source Code and Modified Versions is governed by this license. By using, modifying or distributing the Source
Code, you accept this license. Do not use, modify, or distribute the Source Code if you do not accept this license.
(2) By accepting this license you are agreeing not to restrict or prevent Rogue Snail from using, modifying or adding to the Game, the Game Assets, the Source Code and the Intellectual Property in any way.
(3) If your Modified Version has been derived from a Modified Version made by someone other than you, you are nevertheless required to ensure that your Modified Version complies with the requirements of this license.
(4) This license does not grant you the right to use the Game Assets, the Intellectual Property, nor any trademark, service mark, tradename, or logo of Rogue Snail.
(5) This license includes the non-exclusive, worldwide, free-of-charge patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import and otherwise transfer the Source Code with respect to any patent claims licensable by Rogue Snail that are necessarily infringed by the Game. If you institute patent litigation (including a cross-claim or counterclaim) against any party alleging that the Game constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then this license to you shall terminate on the date that such litigation is filed.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty
THE SOURCE CODE IS PROVIDED BY ROGUE SNAIL "AS IS' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY YOUR LOCAL LAW. UNLESS REQUIRED BY LAW, ROGUE SNAIL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOURCE CODE EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.