[IDEA] Cosmetic items for Relic Hunters Legend

Discuss our upcoming game Relic Hunters Legend
Henchmen4Hire

[IDEA] Cosmetic items for Relic Hunters Legend

Post by Henchmen4Hire » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 am

I got to thinking what kinds of cosmetics there could be. I think the characters are too small to notice any fancy shirts or pants, but two things stand out: Hair and Scarves.

Lol, seriously, the characters are very "anime" in that their hair plays a big role in identifying them. Changing the hair makes a big impact on their personality so I think they're a good choice for swapping. Maybe new hairstyles can be unlocked by achievements, like kill 5 enemies with 1 grenade, destroy 100 bushes, etc.

And then the scarves! I think those are just as prominent as the hair. Scarves, capes, sashes, I think those cosmetic items could be found in the game. Drops from enemies, rolling into trees, digging in suspicious places, punching open boxes, those can all be ways to find more scarves.

I think the only other game that has cosmetic scarves is Warframe (one of the bosses even makes fun of them lol), you could help keep the custom scarf revolution going!

I mean, we could also have cosmetic shirts I guess, but the scarf thing is more interesting.

What do you all think?

Also, since it looks like the character models will be 2D, making textures should be a lot easier than making them for 3D models.
Last edited by Henchmen4Hire on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henchmen4Hire

Re: Regarding the cosmetic items for Relic Hunters Legend

Post by Henchmen4Hire » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:29 pm

(I edited the topic to make it sound like an idea, not an official feature.)

I probably jumped the gun here, when the dev said there would be customization, he probably meant stat customization through items, not tons of pretty scarves :lol:

Still, I can dream...

markventurelli

Re: [IDEA] Cosmetic items for Relic Hunters Legend

Post by markventurelli » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm

The plan is to have as many capes, scarves and other dynamic items as possible to fuel "Fashion Hunters Legend" :)

Henchmen4Hire

Re: [IDEA] Cosmetic items for Relic Hunters Legend

Post by Henchmen4Hire » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 am

markventurelli wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm
The plan is to have as many capes, scarves and other dynamic items as possible to fuel "Fashion Hunters Legend" :)
That is eggcellent news, i'll start knitting my scarves now.